AGES 5 TO 8
Our Beginner program develops water comfort and confidence to help our swimmers achieve swimming and safety goals.
All beginning levels feature a strong emphasis on comfort, confidence and independence to move through the water. Each of our six levels builds upon the previous to develop a strong foundation needed to learn Freestyle. If you are unsure about which level your child should begin with, we will be happy to evaluate your child’s swim history and make a recommendation.
- Classes emphasize form and technique
- Positive and encouraging instruction to keep swimmers motivated
- Six skill levels that progress with the swimmer’s ability
- Beginner 1 – Beginner 4 Levels (B1-B4): Develop underwater comfort, floats, kicks and arm strokes to create coordinated movement through the water. Swimmers are taught to roll over to their backs to breathe and rest.
- Breather 1 and Breather 2 Levels (BR1-BR2) focus on developing side breathing techniques and drills to swim 12.5 yards of beginner freestyle.
“Lauren went from being absolutely terrified on her first lesson to putting her face in the water by the end of the second. I was amazed at how quickly her teacher was able to turn Lauren’s fear into a love of the water.”
~ Courtney B.